One-on-one with Larry Nqaba Mncube-Nhlane

Larry better yet know as Larryngitis the 21 year old Vuzu TV’s “Running with the Reps” reality TV star ; Co-founder of the Repertoires dance group, young, energetic, creative, outgoing and self-driven, goal-orientated, aspiring television presenter, dancer, MCee, Mood manager; Pati Animal Columnist, and entertainment writer for Kasi Times. He is a radio presenter at the popular Rhythm 100 internet radio station. He is working on his own dance theatre production and has started a clothing label.
I had a one-on-one with Larry to find out more about his unique fashion style:
  1.   Larry’s interest in fashion grew from… I’ve always liked dressing up especially because I’ve always been taught image is everything... So fashion is on of those things I’ve always grown up loving.
  2.  What inspires you when you wake up in the morning…My hunger for success and the way I’m so eager to change everything I touch and make an impact.
  3. When did you know you wanted to get into fashion? Wow… Hmmm it’s so tough to answer that because I think subconsciously everyone would like to make their own clothes or I think people would dig their own stuff; that’s just me but as soon as I noticed there was a huge gap last year I spoke to Makhosini and we knew it’s something we had to do.
  4.  Who are your favourite designers and why? In South Africa we respect everyone as we are the new guns but we are aiming for a crazy mix of Europe flavor and a touch of Africa; and with that said we totally dig David Tlale’s stuff and all Tom Ford’s designs. Tom Ford’s designs are magical.
  5.  Who are your fashion icons and why? I would like to think of myself as a fairly fashionable guy hahaha not to sound arrogant but I always need to top the latest outfits but moving away from myself I totally dig David Beckham he really always goes all out and reality show star Scott from The Kardashians is also well dressed.
  6.   What is the story behind GLS? GLS… honestly we had our spelling totally wrong because it was meant to be French. I won’t tell you what the name was going to be but it was going to end up JNSQ lol imagine, but no on the real Makhosini and I love getting dressed and we wanted to introduce some new age local suits which people could relate to and we could also look young and trendy so I got my little brother to start sketching for us and the rest is history.
  7.   What is you style sense?Well so far we totally focused on men new age fashion which incorporates a lot of retro and feminine colours with manly feels to the best of both worlds. But we plan to expand soon.
  8.     What is your fashion motto…Fashion is what you make it, if you don’t feel comfy in it… don’t wear it.



1 comment:

EVY said...

Larryngitis is an amazing loud, talkative and a cool guy. Salute to u bro & i dig #RWTR on vuzu!!!!!!!!!!!!!